Monday, November 2, 2009

WEEK TWO -- DAY SIX



CREATION

"Each of us was created by God for relationship
with Him."




It's week two! I hope by this time you have had a chance to get started or catch up so that we can begin a new week together.

As I woke up this morning, I thought about the theme of our week: each of us were created for relationship with God--we were made to worship! For me, when I begin my day realizing this, it seems to put everything in my life in perspective; my goals and direction, and even what I do with my time today.




Sometimes it's hard to conceive to that we were created in His image and for His purpose. Yet, I am thankful that He created us with a purpose and He continues to reveal it as we spend time with Him.

"Our role is to respond to His revelation with worship as we fulfill our purpose, both individually and corporately" (p. 36, workbook). I am so thankful that God wants to reveal Himself and His will to us, not only once, but daily.




Do you remember the definition of worship that Harland gave to us on our first day in this study?

"Worship is our response to God's revelation of WHO He is and WHAT He has done."


Begin this week praising God for Who He is and What He has done. Praise Him for allowing each of us the privilege to worship Him. As He continues to reveal Himself to you throughout this week, by studying His Word and spending time in prayer, give Him praise for the humble privilege bestowed on us to have a relationship with the Almighty Creator!


WE ARE CREATED FOR HIS PURPOSE --

1. Purpose precedes creation
2. Purpose determines design
3. Our purpose coincides with our gifts and abiltities.
4. Our purpose is defined in our nature.
5. Our purpose requires a disciplined response.


Tell me your thoughts on this -- was there one of the five listed above that made you think, or respond with praise to God?

Thank you Father for creating me uniquely for a purpose. I am thankful that I am free to worship -- to submit to your will and obey you.





Have a great Monday.
Blessings,
Ken

**Note: The following is a comment posted by Jody McAnally. The picture didn't post right, so we reposted it, so you all could check out the photo! It's awesome!

jody m. said...

All too often I look for God to reveal Himself to me in a burning bush or smoke filling the sanctuary type of experience, and sometimes I miss the eveyday revelations. While I was on the beach in Palm Beach, FL., I was looking up at the sky, it was an incredibly beautiful day. Some fluffy clouds floating around when I noticed two sets of those fluffy clouds were coming together and they formed a perfect heart shape. (By the time I could rummage around in my beach bag to get my camera, the formation was beginning to change, but I think you can still see how amazing it was)


It took my breath away just to think my God was saying, "Jody, I love you." No burning bush, no smoke filling the sanctuary, but God was present and revealing Himself just the same. How easy it would have been for me to have missed it or even dismissed it. Thank you, God, for letting me experience You.



5 comments:

  1. All too often I look for God to reveal Himself to me in a burning bush or smoke filling the sanctuary type of experience, and sometimes I miss the eveyday revelations. While I was on the beach in Palm Beach, FL., I was looking up at the sky, it was an incredibly beautiful day. Some fluffy clouds floating around when I noticed two sets of those fluffy clouds were coming together and they formed a perfect heart shape. (By the time I could rummage around in my beach bag to get my camera, the formation was beginning to change, but I think you can still see how amazing it was)

    http://img504.yfrog.com/i/photooq.jpg/

    It took my breath away just to think my God was saying, "Jody, I love you." No burning bush, no smoke filling the sanctuary, but God was present and revealing Himself just the same. How easy it would have been for me to have missed it or even dismissed it. Thank you, God, for letting me experience You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when God reveals Himself to us, leaving no doubt that it is Him, yes Jody like the clouds...
    I have enjoyed this study, it is fresh and timely for me, I have had to play catch up, but have taken my time reading some in the Drs offices, and while waiting in car lines to pick kids up from school....
    I'll just comment on yesterday topic concerning why we were created (defined) to worship,this study prompted me to think the intentional direction I take will ultimately determine my destination....#5 My purpose requires a disciplined response, I want to be able to respond with praise so my direction not my intention must be to worship. I pray that the Holy Spirit continues to reveal what my worship is to be that I may bring glory to God as He desires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for both your comments. They both blessed me, inspired me and brought me to praise the Lord!

    I love how God says "I love you" in so many quiet, soft ways throughout our days.

    May we all strive in continuing to be disciplined in giving praise to our Lord throughout each day.

    God bless you both!
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. How AWESOME it is! Thank you for sharing that picture and thought Jody! I need to take the time to look up at that beautiful sky! I can see Jesus riding on His bright white horse coming down to carries us home! How wonderful to start our day! Thank you Lord! I sang I need the every hour! and Nothing can Separte Us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciate what you all said. Your comments brought tears to my eyes. God does whisper His love to us in so many ways. I so often want to hear the still small voice but don't. But when I can look at this amazing world He created it truly is a reminder of His greatness and His love. The moon on Friday night was amazing and it made me think of what a grand artist Our God is and how He has given us nature to see His glory and experience His love. We should long to worship Him.
    Shelley Trusty

    ReplyDelete