Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DAY THREE





We are free to worship God because of Jesus' sacrifice.


Isn't it humbling to know that the God of the Universe, Creator of all, not only wants a relationship with us, but gives us the choice to decide if we want it with Him. His love is unfathomable and it must hurt Him so when we make wrong choices and turn in a wrong direction, especially when He knows the outcome and it's not the best for us (which is what He so strongly desires).



(Let me emphasize the scripture at the bottom of the picture again...)


Romans 3:10

As it is written:
"There is no one righteous, not even one;



In our human weakness (and to me, real stupidity) we are more naturally inclined to turn our affections toward something or someone else rather than the Father. Yet, praise be to God, who allowed His Son to be sacrificed so that through His life, death and resurrection, we have been given freedom to enter into God's presence! It is through Jesus, "the perfect sacrifice, [that] we have been made righteous--worthy to encounter God personally."





Romans 6:18

18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.


2 Corinthians 5:21

21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


Aren't these wonderful verses. You were supposed to reflect on these two verses today--what are your thoughts?



Lord, transform me, renew my mind daily so I may move from one level of glory to another--surrendered to Your will!

Amen



Praise the Lord! I'm free to worship and serve my God!

Have a wonderful day with the Lord! See you tonight at rehearsal.

Blessings,

Ken


1 comment:

  1. 2 Corinthians 3:18 is actually one of my very favorite verses!!! I use it when I share my salvation testimony. I love the version that talks about "unmasked faces". But what hit me hard today as I was reading it in this study was the fact that this scripture is all about surrendering to the Lord - standing before Him with "unmasked, unveiled faces" - it is all about laying down the idols we have built up in ourselves and coming boldy before the Lord with a pure heart!

    ReplyDelete