Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WEEK SEVEN: DAY THIRTY-ONE



PRESENCE

"Each of us was created by God for relationship with Him,
but we can only enjoy that relationship by God's grace.
God's great love for us, demonstrated in Christ Jesus,
initiates our response.
The only reasonable and adequate response is our expression of worship.
And as we worship,
God has promised to be present."




TODAY'S MAIN IDEA:
God has promised to be present when we worship.


Harland discusses three dimensions of God's Presence:

God's awesome presence-
Our God is omnipresent...He's everywhere...present in all places at the same time.

Psalm 139:7-8

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

God's abiding presence-
God is truly loving, tender, understanding and intimate with those who call upon Him as Lord.

Psalm 139:9-10

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.


Harland says that the Bible is very clear that God is serious about abiding with us in an intimate relationship. Isn't that wonderful? Give Him praise for this today!


God's amazing presence-
This is God's response to His followers as they call out for His intervention.
"From Abraham to Nehemiah to Mary, to the individuals whose stories we've heard and seen in our own generation, God's amazing presence is a proven reality.

As we worship, we can expect Him to respond.

Praise God today for His presence that is always with us!

Blessings,
Ken



No comments:

Post a Comment